Thursday, February 4, 2010

My New Sexy Yellow Shirt...


Yes, you heard it right. I am now the proud owner of the coveted and oh-so-sexy yellow Cub Scout leader shirt. Be jealous. Very, very jealous.

Most of you who read my blog understand how "callings" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints work. An ecclesiastical leader in authority to extend service positions in the church (ie: A bishopric or Stake Presidency member) calls you into his office and asks if you would be willing to fulfill a new assignment to help the church continue to grow and function. These assignments or "callings" as we refer to them, can range from leading the church choir to teaching Sunday School to running the youth sports programs to being the Wolf Den leader in the church chartered Cub Scout organization.

You guessed it, I am the newest Wolf Den leader in my ward and now have the privilege of sporting the sexy shirt. My "call" came shortly after attending Jacob's first Pack Meeting after turning 8 and entering the Wolf den. (Here he is pictured receiving his Bobcat award.)
I'm looking forward to working alongside Jacob, the other 16 or so 8 yr-old boys and the amazing leaders who also help with the Wolf dens. But mostly, I'm looking forward to proudly wearing my new sexy yellow shirt.

2 comments:

Monica said...

That's hot Jen! I am sure that you ROCK the yellow shirt. Have fun with the new calling. You will be amazing as always.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I'd like to see that shirt ON you!!