Friday, July 3, 2009

Crazy for Coupons!

  • O.K., so we all like to find good deals, & heaven knows with the economy the way it is, we certainly don't mind saving a buck or two. I used to be really good to clip coupons & use them in combination with store sales & store coupons. Lately, I've gotten lazy & haven't been as frugal as I should be. But, that all changed...

    Today, I recommitted myself...and have become crazy for coupons once again! Here is what $66 (give or take a few cents) got me today:

  • 7 boxes of Caprisuns
  • 7 boxes of cereal
  • 7 boxes of PopTarts (which earned me a free movie ticket...at least a $7.50 value)
  • 6 jars of Skippy Peanut butter
  • 4 boxes of Cinnabon breakfast bars
  • 12 full-sized Hersheys chocolate bars (for summer S'mores)
  • 9 packages of Pepperidge Farms Goldfish crackers
  • 3 packages of Oreos
  • 4 boxes of Kraft Mac 'N Cheese
  • 4 HUGE cans of Bush's baked beans
  • 1 container of Crystal Light drink mix
  • 1 package of Crystal Light on the Go mixes

Now I know some of you who are even crazier for coupons than I am could have bought this same amount for less because you've been stockpiling good coupons for longer, but this is what I did with this week's newspaper ads & a few online coupon sources. I thought it was pretty fantastic. I spent $66 & saved well over $100.

If you're looking for a good place to start, visit this website: http://www.thebargainjargon.com/. Scroll through some old posts. You don't have to live locally to appreciate some of these fantastic deals!

3 comments:

Amy G said...

good job! :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

awesome! thats just like what Lauren has been doing in TX. Its crazy talk I tell you! You girls are smart shoppers!

Stephanie said...

perfect. i got on the computer to look at that bargain jargon blog, but i couldn't remember what it is--- so i thought, "I bet jen has it on her blog somewhere..." lo and behold- it's the first post! Thanks!